- Poker News & Articles
- 000 Super High Roller for €746
- EPT Prague 2015 - Steve O'Dwyer wins €50
- Picture of the day
- Poke News
- Poker Articles
- Poker Book Reviews
- Poker Girls
- Poker Humor
- Poker Movie Reviews
- Poker New
- Poker News
- Poker Newx
- Poker Players
- Poker Videos
- Polls and Surveys
- Shark Cage Season 2 Final Table
- Site & Blog Reviews
- Tournament news
- WSOP Main Event
- WSOP News
- Poker Strategy
- Rake Races
Phil Ivey appeals UK High Court decision in Crockfords edge-sorting case
Phil Ivey has launched an appeal in the Crockfords edge-sorting case, after the High Court ruled that edge-sorting is considered cheating, and that Ivey has to forfeit his winnings of £7,3 million. Ivey's lawyer stated that the judge has evaluated some of the facts wrong, and has thus made an unlawful ruling.
As we have reported, Phil Ivey has lost the lawsuit against the Crockfords casino on October 8th. According to the UK High Court, edge-sorting can be considered cheating under civil law, so Crockfords casino was justified in not paying Ivey the £7,3 million that he won playing baccarat.
The 10 time WSOP winner is obviously not satisfied with the result and has launched an appeal.
Matthe Dowd, Ivey's lawyer gave the following statement:
''I confirm that Phil Ivey has handed in the required documents to the Court of Appeal during last week. According to the appeal the judge has misevaluated some of the facts, and has thus falsely declared that edge-sorting is a crime. The judge has treated Phil as a witness throughout the whole case, and has accepted that according to Ivey the edge-sorting technique he used while playing in Crockfords is not considered cheating.''
In addition to having to forfeit his huge baccarat wins, the Borgata casino, which is currently running a lawsuit in an edge-sorting case against Ivey aswell, has also used the Crockfords decision to prove that Ivey was cheating. In this case, the casino is demanding back the $9,6 million that he won in 2012.
Poker Strategy Articles
- Preflop Strategy - Starting Hand Chart
- Daniel Negreanu's New Girlfriend is Hungarian Beauty Queen
- Viktor Blom's grinding place (photos)
- Phil Ivey's Ex-Wife Gets Millions and More In Divorce Settlement
- The World’s Best Casinos - Top 10 List
- HSP Player Caught Importing Watches Illegally
- How to Play and Maximize Your Winnings With AK in a 6 Max No Limit Holdem Cash Game
- Vanessa Selbst Marries Miranda Foster
- Erick Lindgren and Erica Schoenberg Get Married
- All In Magazine apologizes to disabled player after accidentally calling him "crippled"